RULES & REGULATIONS
All Renters are required to read and sign the Facility Use Agreement as part of the rental. Please read carefully, fill out Facility, Renter, and event sections, initial at the bottom of each page, and sign in the signature page at the end of this document.
- Renters desirous of a Facility should make reservations well in advance of the intended date of use because demand for facilities is high and dates fill quickly. A Facility is not considered rented until renter delivers to GrandStar Event Center a 50% non-refundable deposit. The deposit and all payments are non-refundable and if I need to change my date within 2 weeks of my event, I will incur a $100 cancellation fee. The parking lot is located in the rear of the building. Please use 3284 Old Hernando Road, Memphis, TN 38116 on your invitations.
- A person who is at least eighteen (18) years of age must sign this agreement. If alcohol is served, a person who is at least twenty-one (21) years of age must sign this agreement.
- Renter shall be responsible for securing all required permits and licenses, if applicable. The facility shall be used for the purpose stated in this agreement and no other use will be permitted.
- Under no circumstances shall Renter sublease or allow any other organization or individual to use the Facility for the period for which Renter has contracted. Renter is an independent contractor and not the agent or employee of GrandStar Event Center
- GrandStar Event Center at its sole discretion, may require a certain number of security officers for the event. Renter shall be responsible for procuring and paying for security officers through GrandStar Event Center or a private security agency.
- Renter is solely responsible for supervising all individuals at the facility during the event. A Parking Attendant will be on site for the duration of the event. . However, GrandStar Event Center may evict individuals from the facility during the event if their conduct is not in the best interest and safety of the public or is deemed to be detrimental in any way. No monies shall be refunded in this instance.
C. SET UP / CLEAN UP / DECORATIONS
- Upon arrival Renter shall submit a $100 cash deposit to be returned at the conclusion of the event. Renter will have room cleaned and guests vacated at the designated end time. Overtime is calculated in $50 intervals. 0-30 minutes after end time - $50. Up to an hour after end time $100. Renters, caterers, bands, transportation of rental equipment, and related individuals and activities will not be permitted access to the Facility prior to or after the event time period. Renter shall be responsible for arranging access during the time requested for entry and exit of the Facility. Deposit will be forfeited if guests are smoking in the building or if the room is not cleaned upon completion. There is a garbage dumpster in the rear of the building, all garbage must be placed inside of the dumpster.
- Renter shall not prepare or decorate the facility prior to the event start time, unless renter provides rental fees for the time of the preparation and/or decoration. Renter shall not drive or permit to be driven nails, hooks, tacks, screws, poles, stakes or other forms of fasteners into any part of the facility and shall not make or allow to be made any alterations of any kind therein.
- Renter shall be responsible for all clean up of the facility, including adjacent grounds, at the end of the rental. Renter shall pick up, bag, and remove all trash generated by all activity in any way connected with its use of the facility, leaving the facility clean and free of all trash and litter. Renter shall also leave all fixtures, if any, in good working condition.
- Renter shall not store any equipment or materials at the Facility without the prior written approval of GrandStar Event Center Management or his/her designee.
- Renter shall be responsible for any and all damage to the facility and/or its contents during use. In the event damage occurs or excessive cleaning is necessary, Renter shall be charged for any and all janitorial and/or repair fees incurred by GrandStar Event Center as a result.
D. EQUIPMENT / ACCESSORIES
- Renter shall not remove, relocate, or take GrandStar Event Center property outside of the facility for any reason without the prior written approval of Management or his/her designee. Renter shall not use GrandStar Event Center equipment, tools, or furnishings located in or about the facility.
- GrandStar Event Center does not provide audio/visual systems, public address systems, spotlights, floodlights, or projectors. Renter, at its own cost, may bring these systems into the facility for their use.
- Renter shall comply with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations related to the use of the facility.
- Gambling nor Smoking of any kind is not permitted at the facility
- No animals are permitted at the facility, with the exception of guide dogs.
- If Renter violates any part of this agreement or reports false information to GrandStar Event Center , the facility may refuse Renter further use of the facility and Renter shall forfeit a portion of or all of the rental fee and/or the deposit.
If you are booking your event online, please print off the rules & regulations sheet and sign and date it and text to (901) 870-5131 or email to [email protected].
I am an authorized agent of the organization submitting this agreement. The information provided in this agreement is true and correct. I have read and understand this agreement and agree to all of the aforementioned rules, regulations, and conditions of use.